Tax Returns

Tax Returns 2018-05-24T16:28:59+00:00

Personal, Corporate
& Estate Tax Returns

We prepare Personal, Corporate & Estate Taxes for:

  • Small and Mid-Size Businesses (Owner Operated & Family Owned)

  • Holding Companies

  • Chiropractors, Dentists & Doctors

  • Lawyers

  • Immigration Consultants

  • Real Estate Professionals

  • Truckers

  • Sub-Contractors (Tradesman)

  • Online Sales (E-Bay, Ticket Sales)

  • Students & Seniors

  • Non-Resident Individuals

  • Uber Drivers, Skip the Dishes, Taxi Drivers, etc.

  • Rental Property Owners

  • Charities

  • Non-profit organization

  • Deceased Individuals (Final Return)

  • Testamentary or inter vivos trust

  • Non-Resident Trusts


The deadline to file your personal tax return is April 30th of every year unless it is a weekend or statutory holiday in which case it is the next official business day. But if you are a self-employed individual, the deadline falls on June 15th, and any taxes due must be paid by April 30. Otherwise the CRA would charge interest from May 1 to the date you file your tax return.


We help clients with various sources of income on their personal tax filing including but not limited to:

  • Self-Employed Businesses (Sole-Proprietorship)

  • Partnership Income

  • Employment Expenses

  • Reporting of Disposal of Principal Residence for which you are claiming a PRE (Principal Residence Exemption)

  • Capital Gains

  • Foreign Property Income

  • Rental Income

  • Claiming Foreign Tax Credits (UK, US or any foreign country with which Canada has a tax treaty)

  • Non-Resident Tax Returns

  • Non-Resident Rental Properties – 216

  • T1135 Foreign Income Verification Statements (For Foreign Properties owned by Canadian Residents over $100,000)


Our personal tax checklist will help us complete your tax return efficiently and in the most accurate way possible.

  • Prior years notice of assessment
  • Prior years tax return (if prepared by someone else)
  • Letters from Canada Revenue Agency
  • Change in address, marital status, new children, or if became new residents to Canada (date of entry and world income converted to Canadian dollars for last 3 years)
  • For calculation of Capital Gains, Trading Summary for last 3 years if available
  • Tax Return filed in another country and proof of payment of foreign taxes (if applicable)
  • T4
  • T4A
  • T4E
  • T5
  • T3
  • T4RIF
  • T4OAS
  • T4AP
  • T5008
  • T5018
  • T5013
  • T5007
  • NR4
  • RC62
  • RRSP
  • T4RSP
  • T2200 (employment expenses)
  • T2202A (tuition receipt)
  • TL11A (tuition receipt for universities outside Canada)
  • Revenue and Expense (self-employed, partnership, rental property)
  • Commission and/or Employment Expenses
  • Foreign income Capital gain/loss report
  • Medical Receipts (travel for medical)
  • Fitness and Activity Receipts
  • Donation receipts
  • Disability forms
  • Babysitter, daycare, day camp
  • Overnight Camp
  • Student Loan Interest
  • Rent Receipts
  • Property Tax Paid
  • Management Fees on Investments
  • Transit Passes
  • Moving Expenses
  • Spousal Support Paid or Received
  • Certain Legal Fees

Whatever your circumstances were, we don’t ask. We will work with you and file all your prior year tax returns and help you in the best feasible manner out there. Some taxpayers are not aware that they may receive money from the Canada Revenue Agency just by filing their tax returns even if they have $0 income. We are proud to say over the past 10 years we have filed thousands of tax returns for clients and have helped them meet their obligatory requirements. We have also guided them on which expenses they can claim and what documents they can provide us so we can prepare their tax returns efficiently making sure they claim every expense and deduction they are entitled to and not miss anything.

We can prepare personal returns, small business returns, GST/HST returns, payroll returns and other any filing requirement for last 10 years and will also deal with Canada Revenue Agency in case of threatening calls from Auditors or Collections Officers. We will step in on your behalf and work with CRA so you can have peace of mind. We will not just file your taxes, we will also try to reduce the balances owing and may file Taxpayers Relief Provision Request or file a Voluntary Disclosure so we can save you interest and penalties if applicable to you.

We will also work with CRA Collection Officers and make a payment plan that work for you so you can continue your business and keep making installments to Canada Revenue Agency for prior years of CRA debt.

Every resident of Canada, whether an individual or corporation, must file their tax return annually. In case of individuals and sole proprietors, tax returns are due April 30th and June 15th respectively. In case of corporations, tax returns are due 6 months after the year end date. So, if a corporation has a year end on September 30th, then the corporate tax return is due Mar 31st. All GST/HST registrants whether individuals, sole proprietors or corporations, need to file GST/HST returns regularly (depending on their filing frequency which could be monthly, quarterly or annually).

So, let’s say after repeatedly missing your tax returns deadlines, CRA will send you a notice and request you to file your tax returns within 30 days of their notice. If you do not file the tax returns within the date mentioned on the notice and after repeated CRA requests, CRA will issue an arbitrary assessment and come up with a balance owing to CRA with penalties and interest charged and sometimes a huge balance owing that may shock you. CRA will still give you a final warning to file your tax returns and straighten out your taxes.

All you should do is file your tax returns, claim all your credits, deductions and expenses and report your income. In most scenarios, the balance owing to the CRA will either result to $0 or reduced to a very small amount than what CRA had assessed. The time frame is very important in these circumstances, so make sure when you get a notice like this, just be calm and contact us immediately so we can file your tax returns before the CRA deadline. In cases like this, we act immediately as we know the importance of such notices and have dealt with them in numerous occasions and helped clients meet their obligations. The time limit for reassessment of corporate return is 3 years from the date of CRA arbitrary assessment. After 3 years, you cannot file and claim your expenses and may end up paying CRA what you did not owe in the first place and may potentially need to file for bankruptcy. Please contact us if you want us to file your returns on time.

Our fees are very reasonable in these circumstances, and we are unlike other firms who charge clients based on the circumstances. We will quote you a fixed fee upfront and we will start working on your file from the very first day you contact us.

If you have received a Notice of Assessment or Notice of Reassessment and you do not think that it is correct or you have additional information for CRA to consider, we can help you submit additional documents and prepare your file in a manner that will either reverse the original assessment or reduce the balance owing to a lower amount than before. We would first speak with a CRA officer to discuss the case facts and explain to him/her why the assessment is incorrect or requires adjustments to make your case resolved in a quick and efficient manner. Given our experience, we know exactly how to use the appropriate language necessary to tell them what they want to hear.

If for some reason, the CRA officer does not allow the claim or reassess your tax returns to what was requested, then the Income Tax Act allows the taxpayer to file a Notice of Objection to the officer’s assessment and allows you to make your appeal to a non-partisan officer who would look at the facts of the objection and give it a second look.

Many times, what happens is that first CRA officer has made some mistakes and did not agree to something for which you have solid evidence due to timing issues or sometimes it is a delay by the CRA officer. We know in our experience and of our knowledge of the Income Tax Act how to present the objection so when the officer assigned reviews it understands it clearly and we get our point across to the officer right away.

We do not recommend taxpayer’s filing objections on their own because once the objection is disallowed; it can go against the taxpayer as two officers have now rejected the taxpayer’s claim. Please contact us and let our experience and knowledge of the Income Tax Act be your voice.

Are you Facing Tax Problems?
We Can Help. Call Today.

With years of experience and educational background, Total Tax Solutions can take care of your tax, accounting and bookkeeping needs.

Get In Touch